Peter Schiff, a long-term advocate of gold and a prominent critic of Bitcoin, has had his Twitter account compromised.
- Blockfence reports that Peter Schiff’s Twitter account has been hacked and taken over.
- The hacker has already posted a tweet that leads to a phishing site. It is advisable not to click on or engage with the link.
⚠️Warning⚠️@PeterSchiff‘s twitter got compromised. Scammers are using it to promote a fake $GOLD presale. However, note that a presale smart contract is likely not an EOA (Externally Owned Account) as been detected by Blockfence. Confirming this tx would lead to a wallet drain! pic.twitter.com/Nvzc3xuWFj
— Blockfence (@blockfence_io) June 3, 2023
- Multiple tweets are currently visible on Schiff’s account, and all users are strongly advised not to engage with them.
- Blockfence has confirmed that confirming transactions from that link would result in a loss of funds.
- The security firm has provided details on the nature of the attack:
Scammers are using it to promote a fake gold presale. However, note that the presale smart contract is likely not an EOA (externally Owned Account) as been detected by Blockfence. Confirming this tx would lead to a wallet drain.