The SEC initially halted the deal, then approved it, but it was stopped again by the CFTC and U.S. District Courts.
- Binance US and Voyager Digital agreed on a buyout, and the process of approval commenced.
- Initially, the SEC and DOJ requested more time to gather evidence that could prevent the sale.
- However, the judge ruling over the case denied the motion, stating that he could not hold up an agreement made by the two companies and creditors without a valid reason.
- Creditors’ hopes of a speedy resolution were dashed when the CFTC pressured to halt the deal again, citing an investigation into Binance US’s activities. This occurred on March 27th.
- However, the plan has been approved following a joint resolution made by Voyager, Binance US, the committee of unsecured creditors, and the courts.
- While the exact date of finalizing the deal is unknown, it is expected to occur as soon as possible, bringing an end to a long-lasting case that started last summer.