The price of FLOKI, a popular meme-inspired cryptocurrency, has increased by over 40% in the past 24 hours.
This surge occurred shortly after Binance.US, the American subsidiary of Binance, listed FLOKI on its platform. Users can now trade FLOKI against USD and USDT on the platform.
- Binance.US added FLOKI among the supported coins on its platform designed to serve United States residents.
Deposits are NOW open for $FLOKI on #BinanceUS!
The @RealFlokiInu ecosystem consists of a Play-to-Earn game, FlokiFi (DeFi), Floki prepaid card (Visa/Mastercard), as well as NFT collections and marketplaces, with more to come.
— Binance.US 🇺🇸 (@BinanceUS) April 24, 2023
- The price of FLOKI reacted positively to the news and rose by about 40% to approximately $0.00003987 in the past 24 hours.
- FLOKI has been performing well in the crypto market, and this could be attributed to Elon Musk’s interaction with it, despite not being directly correlated at times.
- Musk had shared a sarcastic picture of his dog signing a contract to become the new CEO of Twitter in February, and considering his dog’s name is Floki, it is not surprising that the price of FLOKI has climbed by over 40%.
- It is not the first time Musk has triggered a price increase for the memecoin. He dressed his dog in a Santa Claus outfit on Christmas 2021, and FLOKI skyrocketed by 19,000% in the next 48 hours before falling shortly after.