Reports suggest that Do Kwon, the co-founder of Terraform Labs, who fled after the $40 billion collapse of the Terra-Luna ecosystem in May, has been arrested by the local police in Montenegro.
- According to a tweet by Montenegro’s Minister of Interior, Filip Adzic, the police apprehended a person suspected to be Kwon at the Podgorica airport. Authorities are waiting for official confirmation of identity.
- Kwon was reportedly last seen in Serbia after leaving Dubai in December and has been on the run since. Montenegro shares its borders with Serbia.
- The Ministry of Justice in South Korea sought the Serbian government’s help in finding Kwon if he was in the country.
- Minister Adzic revealed that the suspect detained at the airport was caught with falsified documents.
“Montenegrin police have detained a person suspected of being one of the most wanted fugitives, South Korean citizen Do Kwon, co-founder and CEO of Singapore-based Terraform Labs,” the minister said.
- The U.S., Singapore, and South Korea are all seeking extradition of the arrested individual.